- Assam has raised the rate of electricity access from 45 percent in 2015 to 100 percent in 2019 through a combination of state and central government efforts.
- Assam is meeting its target for reducing technical and commercial losses from its utility.
- The state is developing a variety of power generation sources and fuels, including coal, natural gas, solar power, and alternative transport and cooking fuels.
- Assam has a strong need for increased workforce capacity, particularly to conduct maintenance and operations of its system.
- If the Assam Energy Development Agency can access additional funding, its staff would like to conduct micro-hydropower technology research and develop a centralized system for collecting and monitoring data from distributed solar power generation.
Stephen Naimoli, Kartikeya Singh